The Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) of PSR is a new initiative designed to unite students and early-career health activists in advocating for issues critical to patients and communities. The ELC will be open to students, trainees, and those in their first 5 years of practice in medicine, nursing, public health, and other allied professions.
Why join? Membership in the ELC is free, and will allow you to take part in ELC activities that are tailored to meet the needs and interests of busy young professionals:
- Networking and mentorship opportunities with other activists, PSR chapters, PSR board members
- PSR action alerts and email communications to stay up-to-date on advocacy opportunities in PSR key issues
- Participation in ELC national committee calls several times per year
- Participation in online advocacy training
- Opportunities to get more involved in PSR leadership roles: student and young professionals elected to serve on the PSR national board and the national committees
- Opportunity to become a Climate Ambassador